Consultant, Regulatory Engineering
Employment type: Full time
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have five offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnership seeks an individual to join the UK & Europe team to focus on regulatory engineering, assisting clients to interpret technical telecoms regulation and to adapt products and offerings in order to comply, and to engage in the regulation-making process where existing technical rules may be inappropriate. The successful candidate will have quantitative capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
We provide engineering support by analysing system designs and regulatory interference. We support clients from the ICT industries by assisting in licence applications and developing recommendations for regulatory change. Our team performs compatibility studies, regulatory analyses and network coordination.
- Research and monitor international telecommunications authorisation requirements and regional regulatory and standards developments
- Develop strategic and technical argumentation to support development of client market access requirements
- Liaise directly with clients to present findings and offer solutions
- Engage in multilateral technical bodies to develop and implement new technical regulations for wireless telecommunications
- Conduct technical studies using computer software modelling programs
- Gather commercial and competitive intelligence
Desired skills and experience
- Quantitative background in engineering, physics or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of computer modelling different engineering concepts
- Good understanding of radio spectrum, and its uses by different radio applications
- A demonstrable interest in the technology industry
- Excellent written and oral English language and presentation skills
- An interest and appreciation of international trade, politics, and market trends
- Experience in telecom regulation, standards development or regulatory analysis
- Fluency in a second language
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy in a management position. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package and broad responsibility with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com, with “Regulatory Engineer London” as the subject title for your email. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only be able to respond to applicants we wish to interview.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21 June 2019 5pm BST