Consultant, Technical Policy and Regulatory Engineering
Employment type: Full time
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have five offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships seeks a candidate with proven quantitative capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
The selected candidate will have a strong interest in telecoms spectrum and technology management and be responsible for managing relationships with and delivering actionable intelligence and analysis to the largest ICT companies in the world.
We provide engineering support by analysing system designs and regulatory interference. We support clients from the ICT industries by assisting in licence applications and developing recommendations for regulatory change. Our team performs compatibility studies, regulatory analyses and network coordination.
- Develop strategic and technical argumentation to support development of market access briefs for clients.
- Prepare wireless telecommunications and service strategies
- Prepare technical analysis and reports.
- Liaise directly with clients to deliver market access solutions and influence their direction.
- Research and monitor international telecommunications authorisation requirements, regional regulatory and standards developments.
- Gather commercial and competitive intelligence.
Desired skills and experience
- Quantitative background.
- Basic understanding of radio spectrum and its uses by different radio applications.
- A demonstrable interest in the technology industry.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- An interest and appreciation of international trade, politics, and market trends.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Proficiency in MATLAB.
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy. The base salary is competitive within industry, along with access to the business’ defined contribution pension scheme and other employee benefits.
The job is based in London and requires periodic international travel.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you’re the right person for the job. Include a copy of your CV. Please use “Consultant TPRE” as the subject title for your email.