Employment type: Internship, full or part time
Location: Washington, DC
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnership seeks an intellectually curious and articulate individual interested in exposure to the world’s leading information and communications technology (ICT) companies. Working from the Washington, DC office, the chosen candidate will assist the Head of Practice and support the consultants’ client work.
- Supporting the office manager.
- Providing general administrative and clerical support including scheduling, travel arrangement, data entry, mailing, scanning and faxing.
- Answering main phone system as needed.
- Assisting with maintenance of the electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Answering consultant and client questions and requests.
- Coordinating work, including preparation of reports, analysing data, and identifying solutions.
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
Desired skills and experience
- Studying for bachelor’s degree or degree achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to condense information into clear reports.
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage workloads and solve problems.
- Good IT skills, particularly for Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
The position is remunerated on an hourly basis.
The internship would be for an initial term of three months. We are open to flexible schedules, but would prefer a candidate who is available in the office at least 20 hours per week.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org – please use Administrative Intern as the subject title of your email:
- A cover letter (no more than 300 words).
- A short CV, outlining relevant skills and experience.
- An example of your best work. This could take many forms, including a student paper, a favourite homework assignment, a YouTube video — anything that indicates why you would be a good fit for Access Partnership.