Intern, Compliance and Market Intelligence
Employment type: Internship (six-month placement)
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
We are recruiting for a six-month internship for a suitable candidate looking to develop their skills in the field of law and policy around telecommunications and new technologies, joining a fast-growing team. The position is perfect for a recent graduate in law or student currently studying a masters degree with a general interest in information and communications technology (ICT) and world affairs.
The company specialises in telecommunications and information and communications technology, providing tailored support for many large companies, public organisations and national governments. The internship would offer the successful candidate an opportunity to research, analyse and structure information on market access, regulatory compliance and other telecommunication requirements in jurisdictions around the world.
- Gathering and analysing information on telecommunication laws and regulations in jurisdictions around the world
- Liaising with national regulatory authorities to shape national policy-makers’ decisions
- Preparing reports on market access and other requirements for telecom service providers
- Planning and updating and Internet-based database on various jurisdictions
- Carrying out market research on different new technology services in the ICT and telecoms sectors and helping to spot emerging developments
Desired skills and experience
- Graduate degree in law
- Very good English oral and written communication
- Ability to condense, structure, and summarise information into clear and concise elements
- Ability to report back to line manger about findings
- Interest in world affairs or government policy
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word and Excel in particular)
- Background in technology or ICT
- Broad understanding of politics and market trends in ICT
- Fluency in a second language (preferably in French, Mandarin or Spanish)
Pay will be £328.40 per week for a 40-hour week.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org – please use CMI Intern as the subject title of your email:
- A letter of application (no more than 500 words)
- A short CV, outlining relevant skills and experience
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to inform those who are not shortlisted or give specific feedback on why. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 28.02.2020