Multilateral Practice Lead
Employment type: Full time
Location: London or Washington, DC
Access Partnership is a public affairs firm that helps technology companies gain access to markets. To do this, we create regulatory environments that allow technologies to be adopted effectively and responsibly. We do this by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users, identify strategies to mitigate those risks and drive opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world, and we are growing.
We seek a proven leader to build out a practice to drive and deliver outcomes from multilateral institutions such as the UN, its technical and regulatory organisations such as the IMO, ICAO, UPU, WIPO, ILO, and non-UN groups such as the WTO, OECD, ICANN, and the IGF.
The company already has an established track record in many of these organisations, but lacks a practice head to unify the service offering and extend our practice to new organisations. This is an opportunity to grow a large, unique and sustainable practice across many disciplines, and should be of intense interest to those who are successful campaigners and internationalists.
- Identify and generate products and services that enable clients to drive outcomes of individual multilateral processes.
- Design, sell, and execute campaigns that maximise the client’s opportunity for success.
- Engage with multilateral forums to identify workstreams relevant to the company’s clients and potential clients.
- Present opportunities for clients and close on engagements with them.
- Coordinate campaign and sales work with Access Partnership’s regional offices.
- Work with the compliance, monitoring and intelligence team to devise and deliver products.
- Set and direct plans for team-based on company and client requirements.
- Cultivate business relationships across the technology industry and with colleagues across the company.
- Motivate others towards achieving shared goals, professional credibility and reciprocal trust.
Desired skills and experience
- Ability to convey information clearly and persuasively to a wide variety of audiences with different levels of understanding of the subject matter.
- Ability to manage projects within time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Can-do attitude, a systematic approach to situations and an intuitive, creative, but strategic approach to all aspects of work.
- Strong background in obtaining useful commercial outcomes across a range of multilateral organisations in at least two of the following three capacities: as a campaign manager, a stakeholder, or member of the secretariat of one or more multilateral organisations.
The base salary is competitive within the industry, along with access to the business’ defined contribution pension scheme and other employee benefits. The job is based in London or Washington, DC and requires periodic international travel.
How to apply
Send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Include a copy of your CV. Please use “Multilateral Practice Head” as the subject title for your email.