Policy Intern, Middle East, Africa and Latin America Region
Employment type: Full time, temporary
Access Partnership is the world’s leading public policy firm for the technology sector. We monitor and analyse global trends for the risk and opportunities they create, and regularly advise governments as well as the world’s largest technology companies on how to mitigate those risks and drive business. We help create a prosperous environment for our clients and regularly represent them at the national and multilateral levels.
Access Partnership seeks a recent graduate or a candidate with initial workplace experience looking to develop their skills in the field of public policy and be part of a fast-growing team. The selected candidate must possess exceptional communication skills, an interest in politics, the policy making process and world affairs. A demonstrable interest in the evolving public policy environment (in the Middle East, Africa or Latin America) around communications technologies is an advantage. We are always looking to grow, so candidates with business development experience are encouraged to apply.
- Gathering and synthesising news reports and updates from regulators, multilateral organisations and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with stakeholders to organise and facilitate meetings on behalf of clients.
- Supporting the development of presentations, reports, studies and memos on a variety of subjects.
- Carrying out market research on different services in the ICT and telecoms sectors and helping to spot emerging trends.
- Contribute to the business development effort of the company by analysing new opportunities to grow.
Desired skills and experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English.
- An ability to condense, structure and summarise information into clear and concise elements.
- Knowledge of world affairs and government policy, especially in emerging economies.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word and Excel in particular).
- Good knowledge of social media and blogs an advantage.
- Postgraduate degree in policy, security, economics, business, engineering, law, international relations or related disciplines.
£328.40 based on 40 hours per week
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Please use Intern MEALA Winter 2020 as the subject title for your email.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so early application is recommended. We may appoint before the closing date.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to inform those who are not shortlisted or give specific feedback on why. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: January 05, 2020