Public Policy Manager, Cybersecurity
Employment type: Full time
Location: Washington, DC
Access Partnership enables access to technology. To do this, we help shape the regulatory and policy environment that allows for effective and responsible technology adoption. We do this by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks, and driving outcomes to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes regulatory and technical skills to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
We seek an intellectually curious individual to join our Data Policy and Trust team as our cyber security expert. The individual will work with clients, regulators, and governments to create and implement data policy and drive thought leadership around cybersecurity issues. Candidates will have a track record of successfully engaging with policymakers to facilitate the introduction of new products and services to market and to influence the regulatory framework.
This position requires leadership capabilities, excellent analytical and communication skills, and an ability to identify, formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively, be comfortable with metrics & targets, and still be able to think “outside of the box”.
The Data Policy and Trust team supports clients around the world that are affected by data policy challenges, including privacy, cybersecurity, cloud and cross-border data flows, and regulation of emerging digital technologies like artificial intelligence. The team provides end-to-end support, working with clients at every stage of formulating, implementing, and updating digital policy, whether in their own company or at the international level. Clients include the entire spectrum of technology providers and users.
- Understand regulatory trends across the globe to help advise clients on how to limit regulatory and political exposure.
- Be able to discuss technical issues related to cybersecurity and data protection as well as high level policy matters impacting these technologies.
- Act as the technical and policy expert for cyber security issues for the company.
- Draft thought leadership pieces on this topic and help promote Access Partnership as a leader in this space.
- Help secure business.
- Develop and manage client deliverables for this group.
Desired skills and experience
- A genuine curiousity about technology and policy impacting it
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Organized work approach, with a record of delivering products on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills.
- A genuine interest in the role of technology in society.
- Significant understanding of international trade, politics and market trends.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Degrees in cybersecurity and network computing
- Degree in international policy.
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy in a management position. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package and broad responsibility with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
The role is based in our Washington DC office and requires frequent international travel. Our Washington office boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a two page writing sample, and a cover letter of no more than three paragraphs addressing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruitment agencies please.
Candidates must hold US citizenship or a have a legal right to work in the US.