Senior Consultant, Technical Policy and Regulatory Engineering
Employment type: Full Time
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
We seek an intellectually curious, experienced senior consultant with the ability to influence the direction of the technology sector in the face of ongoing change. Candidates will have a track record of successfully coordinating frequency use for different radio services, to facilitate the introduction of new products and services to market and to influence the regulatory framework for them. This new position requires a candidate with proven leadership capabilities, excellent analytical and communication skills, and an ability to identify, formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner. The candidate should be able to function collaboratively across teams and should be comfortable with thinking “outside of the box”. Candidates must have a demonstrable record of managing and delivering on existing and new client accounts, and be able to travel internationally.
- Management of clients’ regulatory compliance with the ITU Radio Regulations;
- Management of client satellite filings in accordance with ITU procedures, including the preparation, frequency coordination with other administrations, and notification of bringing into use of the frequencies;
- Engagement in national, regional and international technical regulatory processes;
- Training and development of junior technical staff;
- Creation of thought leadership articles, with a view to showcase team capabilities and to contribute to the growth of the business;
- Management of sales and business development pipelines, as well as group marketing;
- Collation and filtering of commercial and competitive intelligence.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of the management of commercial frequency assignments and with the ITU process;
- Demonstrable radio network coordination experience;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Demonstrable client management experience;
- Track record of successful business development;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Organised work approach, with a record of delivering products on schedule and within budget;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Broad understanding of international trade, politics and market trends;
- Fluency in a second language.
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy in a management position. Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies.
The role is based in London and requires periodic international travel. Our London office boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all staff. Candidates must hold EU citizenship, or a current UK work permit (if a citizen of a non-EU country).
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and broad responsibility with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role to email@example.com with Senior Consultant as the subject. No recruitment agencies, please.