Tech Policy Intern – Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam
Employment type: Full time or part time
Location: Singapore and Washington DC
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnership seeks interns who are fluent in English and other Asian languages to join our team in Asia. The candidate will be involved in ICT and telecommunications policy areas.
If you are ready for a challenge, please apply.
You will research, analyse and develop reports on policy topics, political trends, processes and regulations related to ICT and telecommunications policy areas in your local market as well as other Asian economies.
Desired skills and experience
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in at least one Asian language
- Strong understanding of Asia’s culture and history
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to analyse and produce insights on policy, political, economic and social issues
- Bachelor’s degree in related areas (political science/international relations/cultural studies)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and other publishing platforms
- Effective time management skills
- Social media skills
- Graduate degree or candidacy for a graduate degree
- Experience in the technology industry
- Genuine interest in technology policy
- Interest in international trade, politics, business and market trends
- Consultancy and/or technology policy experience
- Experience with Asian policy issues
You will be remunerated on an hourly basis. The internship is for a period of 3 months, with the possibility of extension. We are open to full-time and part-time internship candidates, as well as candidates who can work remotely.
How to apply
Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Be creative and concise, include a copy of your CV. Applications are accepted all year round.