Securing business-enabling outcomes at intergovernmental organisations
Access Partnership has extensive experience in helping clients navigate multilateral institutions to achieve their goals. Whether enabling innovative communications technologies or defending a globally interoperable Internet, our global network and experience gives us the skills, access, and connections to get results.
Our staff’s international backgrounds span both government and the private sector, and have deep roots in many multilateral intergovernmental institutions, including:
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R, ITU-D, ITU-T, and Council)
- United Nations (UN)
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
What Access Partnership Provides
- Monitor and analyse policy developments — we track and analyse issues that affect our clients’ interests at key policymaking bodies. We participate in the World Telecommunication Standardisation Assembly (WTSA), World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC), and ITU Plenipotentiary meetings and deliver thorough, yet easy-to-digest, outcome reports to our clients.
- Design and implement strategic advocacy campaigns — we develop strategies to prevent bad decisions and drive good ones. We leverage our relationships with global public policy officials and other stakeholders to cultivate champions of our clients’ goals.
- Secure spectrum allocations – we protect and secure regional and global spectrum allocations by representing our clients’ interests at the ITU World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) and its preparatory processes. We actively participate in regional WRC preparatory groups, including CITEL, CEPT, APT, and ATU, and also engage in US, UK, UAE, and other national WRC preparatory processes.
- Obtain regulatory approvals — when international regulatory mechanisms are hurdles in the way of a new good or service, we secure the approvals companies need to unlock market access and grow.
- Build reputation and positioning— we help companies build relationships of trust with relevant officials and develop forward-thinking policy messages to position companies effectively and defend business goals.
- Download Access Partnership Multilateral Service Brochure
- What UNCTAD Gets Wrong About the Digital Economy
- Webinar Recording: Exploring the Key Developments From Plenipot 2018