Webinar Recording | Big Tech’s Role in Connecting the WorldPosted on 5th June 2020
Half of the world’s population still lacks access to the Internet and as a consequence is missing out on the benefits of digital products and services that could dramatically improve their lives. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has stressed the need for connectivity as a precondition of a functioning society. In this context, global technology companies continue their efforts to bring connectivity and innovative technological solutions to unserved and underserved populations across the globe.
Watch our conversation with Microsoft, Alphabet and Facebook as we discuss their connectivity programmes, regulatory concerns, their work during COVID-19 and their vision for a post-pandemic world.
- Julie Kearney, Global Head of Communications Regulation and Policy, Loon, an Alphabet company
- Monica Desai, Head of Global Connectivity Policy, Facebook
- Paul Garnett, Senior Director of Microsoft’s Airband Initiative
- Marcin Cichy, Former President of UKE (Office of Electronic Communications), Poland
- Christopher Casarrubias, Head of MEALA Region, Access Partnership
Back to document archive